14 November 2008

Shoppin' Around the Christmas Tree...

is fabulous fun when you can stay warm and cozy INSIDE shopping over 20 vendors and take the tree home when you're done! Well, maybe. Featuring a gorgeous, fully decorated tree from the talented Beverly at Grand Rivers Florist that will be for sale/ auctioned off, and of course, I will be there selling my collection of 2008 ornaments (in a snowflake theme this year) along with jewelry, fine art, and vases. Snowflakes like this one, that I painstakenly drew with "hidden" images (ok, so they aren't really hidden well, I'm not MC Escher for crying out loud), which proved to be harder than it looks or sounds:

Not to mention 20 some other vendors from Mary Kay and Tupperware to Silver Chics and other local artisans, it promises to be a great show! Great for early holiday shopping and getting in the holiday mood.



As long as we're getting in the holiday mood, while you're in town be sure to walk through Patti's and enjoy all the holiday lights. It gets more beautiful every year, with more and more lights. The elves (and by elves I mean my friend Kim and other volunteers from the Chamber of Commerce) have been hard at work decorating town, and the staff at Patti's has been workin since October getting all the lights up. Tonight they get lit at 6 pm, and I am very excited. It is just too beautiful to describe, and almost makes up for the fact it's too cold to go out on the lake for a few months. Almost.



You can read about it all here. I have been nagging Kim to get bloggin', and now she is showing me up! Seriously, she has a great blog about all the happenings here in our awesome tiny town. Check it out!

No comments: