17 October 2008

Good Friends, Great Drinks!

This week has been exhausting for me and Sierra as she heals. When you are living off "soft" food, and keeping clean and sterile is a battle, it seems like everytime I turn around I am feeding someone or cleaning something. Of course the cat and dog add to that too. It was Wednesday before I realized the fish hadn't been fed since Saturday! But after a long week, and a lot of prayers (and baths!), she is healing nicely. I also realized how many good friends I am blessed with. All week we have been recieving well wishes via phone calls, emails, comments on various things online, and visitors. Everyone I know close to here has offered to run errands for me and get whatever I needed. Yesterday, when I literally washed away scabs that have already healed in almost miraculous time, it occured to me every prayer that has been said for us has made a difference, so for that I thank anyone reading this! Every prayer and kind word has helped!! All there is to do now is offer good friends a good drink! How about an Apple Crazed Martini?

Apple Crazed Martini

1 oz Apple Pucker
1 oz apple vodka (like Smirnoff Twisted Green Apple)
1 oz apple juice
1 oz sweet and sour mix

Shake over ice, strain into chilled martini glass, and garnish with a maraschino cherry. Yum!!

No comments: