18 July 2008

AHH...Summer!

Summer! A time for fun in the sun and refreshing drinks! As I write this, the new kitten that adopted us lingers outside, playing with Sierra, and the dog looks at the door like this:

We named the new kitten Tramp, since we already have Lady, and the little burr-covered stray kitten looks a bit, well, trampy. Friggin' adorable, but a little trampy.

After spending all morning separating the two, I'm already ready for my TGIF drink! My recipe this week is one I got in Ft. Lauderdale last year, and fabulous in hot weather. Behold, ye master of rum drinks, Planter's Punch!

Planter's Punch
In a tall glass full of ice, pour:
1 1/4 oz light rum
1 1/4 oz gold/ dark rum
1 1/4 oz Myer's Dark Rum (cannot substitute!!)
2 oz orange juice
2 oz pineapple juice
2 oz Rose's Lime Juice
splash of grenadine
Enjoy!! You might want to make these by the pitcher, because they go fast and the more you have the harder measuring is! xoxo

No comments: